Monday, March 28, 2011

For Mama......

A few weeks ago my mother handed me these beautiful vintage brooch & earrings. Her only request was "Do your thing and make me something pretty with these".......Aaaawwwww.....isn't she a sweetie!!


Needless to say the set is absolutely gorgeous on it's own! But she wanted a necklace so I set out to design something simple yet striking. The saphire blue in these pieces is just breath taking and I remembered a little bag of handcut antique aurora borealis beads that Hubby and I found in Seattle last year.....they were a perfect match! If you are familiar with aurora borealis beads then you know they are not just one solid color. They are dark or light or metallic depending on how the light hits them. They're gorgeous! I also added clear swavorski crystals and wrapped them all with sterling silver wire.

And this is how it turned out......She loved it and almost cried when I gave it to her :)






It made me feel so good to be able to do something special for the precious lady that has given so much of herself to me. I love you Mama

xoxo
jenny


I am linking this post to

Between Naps On The Front Porch for

Dittle Dattle for

Keep It Simple for

6 comments:

  1. Lovely is the word! Am first time here and loved your blog totally. Now, following you too :)
    Please, visit my blog any time..!
    Have a lovely day ahead :)

    Sanghamitra.
    http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pieces!!! You do amazing work...Thanks for visiting my blog today..I had to come over here and see you too! I appreciate your comment about the clock table...us TX girls have to stick together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet comments ladies!

    Sanghamitra, your travel blog is beautiful. Gorgeous photos!

    Vintage Vine, yes maam we do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - You did good! :D Love that color of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! I am so glad you stopped by The Dilletante Proprietor so I could find you! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Thank you!! Yall are too kind. :)

    ReplyDelete